Re: MD Dishonesty

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 09:43:06 BST

    David, when it comes to pointing out that the hoax has had / will have
    a net positive contribution to understanding of the MoQ I agree, and I
    think you'll find you are pushing at an open door there. (PS I think
    you'll find Glenn is happy to admit it, as you say, the hoax involved
    considerable effort on his part.)

    Equating fiction with dishonesty isn't quite right though - motivation
    is part of the process. The immediate gloating at the expense of
    specific individuals, and as I've pointed out already, playing on the
    lexical disability involved in writing the paper itself, were just not
    intellectual cricket. (I'm prepared to give Glenn the benefit of the
    doubt that those details were just not thought through in the rush to
    publish, but hey, onward and upward.)

    Glenn, do the honorable thing and apologise for the individual
    personally motivated attacks involved in the hoax.
    Horse, do the honorable thing and re-subscribe Glenn.
    Ant, do the honorable thing and put up the original paper, with a
    suitable explantory note and link to Glenn's pages.
    Let's kiss and make up.

    There I've said it.
    Ian