Re: MD NAZIs and Pragmatism

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 12:31:52 GMT

    Dear Sam,

    You wrote 18 Feb 2003 12:31:46 -0000:
    'if ... the MoQ requires robust criticism if it is to grow and develop as a
    [metaphysics / final vocabulary / weltanschaaung / new religion / delete or
    replace as appropriate] then a sustained engagement with
    another school of thought is surely of some use. If I ever get around to it,
    I'll write something substantial about the MoQ and Christianity'.

    I prefer to see the MoQ
    NOT as a school of thought with generally accepted views that can be
    contrasted with other schools of thought,
    BUT as a changing, developing pattern that can be recognized in what we
    write on this list and what is written elsewhere.
    I'm indeed afraid (in this context) that description would make it too
    static.
    In this phase it is the 'internal' discussion that must make it grow and
    develop rather than confrontation with other, as yet stronger, systems of
    ideas.

    Trying to use (your version of or what you experience as valuable in)
    Christianity to clarify your version of the MoQ might be a better approach.
    And I prefer to read shorter over more substantial writings...

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim