Re: MD Life after death?

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 21:58:00 GMT

    Dear Platt,

    You wrote 4 Mar 2003 08:01:25 -0500:
    'Your current discussion of your religious beliefs triggered my repeated
    inquiry because the promise of life after death seems to me so basic in
    Christian doctrine. Were it not for that prospect, I doubt if Christianity
    would have appealed to millions throughout the ages. That neither of you
    find the Resurrection a key part of your faith I find surprising, especially
    in light of your apparent acceptance of many other Christian principles.'

    What exactly in what I wrote about my religion triggered your repeated
    inquire about my views on life after death? Where did my previous exposition
    of my views fail to gratify your curiosity? Why do you think that a
    Christian should adhere to certain doctrines or to doctrines at all? Are you
    a Christian yourself that you can say so?
    I don't like it at all that often non-vegetarians tell me as a vegetarian
    what I should not eat (e.g. fish), that non-pacifists tell me as a pacifist
    what types of violence I should refrain from (e.g. playing Risk or Chess)
    and ... non-Christians what I should believe.

    If you find it surprising that I don't find the Resurrection a key part of
    my faith, you either have not read my previous explanation, fail to admit
    that you don't understand it and/or rather ignore it than ask for
    clarification.