MD Red and Blue, Terrorist or Friend.

From: David Harding (davidharding@optusnet.com.au)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 06:04:18 BST

    Your both right.

    As Blue says, we should try and understand what causes the terrorists to
    go and blow things up, otherwise as Pirsig says of a system of thought,
    ".. if a factory[terrorist] is torn down but the rationality[system of
    thought] which produced it is left standing, then that rationality will
    simply produce another factory[terrorist]" but let's not go and befriend
    them as some seem to want to do. And this is where Reds right, a person
    'blowing people up' is causing biological destruction on the biological
    quality level and thus should be killed as ruthlessly as a doctor kills
    a germ.

    The line between these two, between calling the terrorists our best
    friends, and calling them our sworn enemy seems to be taking its time to
    converge but it will get there and that's what helps make the MOQ so
    great. You can look at two opposing sides of things and see how they
    work together to form the underlying quality of the whole thing rather
    than the crude dichtomatic 'I'm right, your wrong' kind of attitude.
    When terrorists behave like terrorists, kill them. When they don't,
    their problem's ours. Simple.

    -David.