Re: MD Looking for the Primary Difference

From: hampday@earthlink.net
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 19:10:01 BST

    Hi David --

    > if nothingness can differentiate, what in heaven's
    > name is your essence for? you are the most confused
    > metaphysician I have come across. You don't seem to
    > see that there does not need to be a something behind
    > the source of creation. A simple but odd presupposition
    > that seems to blind you. And value is key, why else would
    > the source bother to create if the source did
    > not value what it created?

    You seem to be making inferences from pieces taken out of context from a
    conversation I'm having with Reinier. I don't know what you mean by "there
    does not need to be a something behind the source of creation," since I
    haven't stated that there is. Perhaps you can explain your criticism. The
    only actual question you pose is "why else would the source bother to create
    if the source did not value what it created?"

    That's such a good question, it's worth ignoring all your accusations just
    to acknowledge it.

    While I doubt that you have any real understanding of my philosophy of
    Essence, you've hit upon a metaphysical point that no one else has raised!

    Why, indeed, should there exist an appreciation for Value if the Creator did
    not itself value its creation? The question is rhetorical but it makes the
    point.
    In fact, it's the whole purpose of existence. Value is the link between the
    infinistesimal "moment of awareness" and the absolute Source.

    I start with the theory of "proprietary awareness" as the foundation of what
    we call existence. I attribute the source of this awareness to Essence,
    which is uncreated and non-differentiated. I offer a hypothesis for
    Creation to explain how a dynamic, evolutionary universe arises from a
    static, timeless Source, and I show how the values that we individually
    realize as "free agents" constitute our essential reality.

    You'll have to read my thesis to understand the dynamics of this
    relationship, but I'll be happy to answer specific questions once you have
    done so. Check it out at www.essentialism.net .

    Meantime, thanks for jumping to such a great conclusion!

    Ham