Re: MD A Question of Balance / Rules of the Game

From: mark maxwell (laughingpines@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 02 2005 - 20:10:34 GMT

    Skutvik:
    ...it's years since I gave up on Mark...

    Mark:
    This isn't strictly the case is it Skutvik?
    What you have given up on is answering questions and
    exploring new ideas. You're stuck in a value trap just
    outside 1997 post Lila squad.

    Skutvik:
    There are those at this list whose grasp of the MOQ
    negligible - even negative - but if they utter the
    perfunctory "quality" everything is OK with Mark,
    while I, the most zealous MOQist ever, have received
    his curse.

    Mark:
    Again, this isn't strictly the case is it Skutvik?
    The MOQ was presented with the publication of Lila,
    but you have never accepted it. You can't be zealous
    about that which you don't accept.

    Skutvik:
    To compare Mark with Plato is the overstatement of the
    century, yet, maybe he senses that something big is at
    stake.

    Mark:
    It's all you have: hyperbole. Since the inception of
    Lila squad you've wanted it big like Robert Pirsig,
    but it's not going to be Skutvik: You are not Robert
    Pirsig.

    Skutvik:
    Also comparing Pirsig and this tiny group with Plato's
    times may border to megalomania,

    Mark:
    Border? As in, approaching the edge of, but not
    actually reaching, and sounding unnervingly a bit like
    it?

    Skutvik:
    Mark however, represents a NewAge-ish interpretation
    with a dynamic (read spiritual) intellectual level and

    is more tempting, but a completely dead end.

    Mark:
    I have no idea whatsoever where you may have got it
    into your brain that i regard DQ as spiritual, or that
    i regard the DESRIP as spiritual. I've simply no idea.
    It may be hypothesised that you are deliberately
    misleading people in the full knowledge that you are
    indeed doing so? Tempting in that i cannot discern an
    alternative explanation. And i remember a large number
    of previous occasions upon which you have appeared to
    have behaved in this manner to others before today
    such as Paul Turner, Anthony McWatt, DMB, and myself.
    (The archives are transparent and may be explored at
    will) I think there are other examples also.
    David Hume would no doubt suggest that what we have
    here is a constant conjunction of events which leads
    one to believe there to be a causal connection.
    Mark