Re: MD DM So who's the philosopher questioning SOM?

From: David M (davidint@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 20:48:59 GMT

    Hi boys, girls and seniors

    Here's a quote:

    "By intuition is meant the kind of intellectual sympathy by which
    one places oneself within the object in order to coincide with
    that which is unique in it and consequently inexpressible."

    Ant McWatt talks a bit about intuition in his PhD.
    I would say that the idea of intuition does try to
    suggest what we experience pre-linguistically.
    In terms of vision we experience colours initially.
    A thing it took painters a while to confirm.
    And every shade and tone has its mood.
    But Mr X also suggest that intuition requires an
    intelligent ability to get inside what it is that we
    find to be moving us, so that we are one with
    what he calls an 'object', but perhaps that is an
    SOM confusion, as we have to be at one already with
    what is moving us to be moved (the object comes later)
    and this embrace is unique,
    as Mr X realises, which is a moment
    of DQ, for the unique is inexpressable, so that
    to know is to step back, to say that the object
    is Other, to define the Other in terms of the Same,
    to deny the unique, to deny DQ, and disenchant
    Being into the endless same of SQ without DQ.

    So anyone fancy playing 'guess the philosopher' regarding my quote?

    Kind regards to all the intellectual folk at world of MOQ
    and the other confused guests as well, try reading the books again,
    or if you have already done that read some other books,
    or even just try relaxing and seeing what it is like to experience
    with as little postulating as possible

    David M

    MD Queries -