Re: MD Two Theses in the MOQ

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 13:00:11 GMT

    Hi Ant:

    > Platt replied to Arlo December 1st:
    >
    > Be that as it may, the MOQ did not emerge from "all these voices" but from
    > one voice, that of Robert Pirsig. Nor is it a biological organism. It's a
    > metaphysics.
    >
    > Ant McWatt comments:
    >
    > Yes, a metaphysics that clearly contends that social patterns appeared a
    > long, long, (long) time in this universe before intellectual patterns
    > appeared to label biological organisms as "individuals" such as "Robert
    > Pirsig" or "Cartman 'I love hippies' Holden".

    Do you mean there were no individuals at the social level and that those
    living then had no words for individuals like "Chief," "King," "Jehovah"
    or no names like "Gorg," "Boomba" and "Pocahontas"? I don't think so.

    > Close but definitely no banana (which - anyway - only ever appear in
    > non-Randian/commie looking bunches if I remember correctly!)

    Why am I not surprised you would use a metaphor that likens individual
    human beings to bananas? Seems you and Arlo are fascinated with groupies
    of all sorts. :-).

    Best regards,
    Platt