Re: MD Changes

From: Destination Quality (planetquality@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 09:53:22 GMT

    Hi Rick,

    Nice and original post Rick, I appreciate it very much. Where I am frome gay
    marriages are in fact legal and I do not consider that to be a weakening of
    social patterns, au contraire, the intellectual patterns of freedom and
    equality made this possible and the Dutch society not suffering from a
    puritian moral(though other religious moral standards still live and kickin)
    has accepted and learned to appreciate to respect everyone's individual
    choices. I think this is strengthening to the social level. Adopting a child
    is also legal for gay and lesbian couples, this imo is not a bad thing
    because it is just another representation of the individual freedom. One
    might say is it okay than for a pedofile to adopt a child in the name of
    personal freedom? Of course not, as long as the rights to freedom of the
    child are not endangered there is no problem. I know two girls who were both
    raised by lesbian mothers and I have to admit, they are the most loving and
    caring persons I know. They are open minded, more intellectual I would say,
    not blindly following social codes but always respectful of them. I do not
    want to give all the credit to the four moms but also to the society that
    made this possible. I rest my case,

    Thanks, Davor

    Chatten met je online vrienden via MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.nl/