RE: MD Undeniable Facts

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 14:46:32 BST

    Hi Mati,

    > I have been thinking a lot about DQ lately. I realize that "Creative
    > aspect" can be a source of quality but I think we need to be a careful
    > about this. As I am writing this letter, my daughter is sitting next to me
    > drawing and creating images on paper. Not bad for 8 year old. Yet her
    > technique and ideas follow many of the static patterns and the static
    > realities of a normal 8 year old. Art or any other outlet for the creative
    > aspect must, I believe, create a new reality. An example is in the
    > impressionists, created a new reality in the way we view the world. Today
    > artist in the impressionist tradition now relegated to the static pattern
    > that it has become.

    Your impressionists example is an excellent way to show the
    difference between DQ and SQ in terms anyone, including those who
    aren't familiar with the MOQ, can relate to. Further, there is also
    Degenerative Change as you point out, exemplified by much of
    contemporary art, especially the works that are thinly disguised
    propaganda for a political agenda. Low quality indeed.

    Platt