Re: MD Undeniable Facts

From: johnny moral (johnnymoral@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 19:51:45 BST

    Hi Matt,

    Thanks for keeping up with this thread. I had typed a response to this
    earlier, but my email went down and I lost it.

    It was Platt who told me I was a post-modernist, but maybe it doesn't fit
    me. I don't like the sound of moral rule of thumb, I don't really
    understand - is that just a weaker version of a principle? I think I was
    lumped in to post modernism because I see morality as being the static
    patterns (including the debris) of a culture, and therefore malleable, and
    not, as Platt believes, an absolute. But I do believe that people
    absolutley should do what their culture's morality says they should do, we
    should take morality's expectations and make the effort to realize them as
    though they were absolutes.

    Johnny