Re: MD What is a living being?

From: Dan Glover (daneglover@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 01:17:18 BST

    Hello everyone

    >From: "phyllis bergiel" <neilfl@worldnet.att.net>
    >To: <moq_discuss@moq.org>
    >Subject: Re: MD What is a living being?
    >Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 17:52:02 -0500
    >
    > > Hey Dan:
    >
    >Unless you are being facetious, you're messing with my suspension of
    >disbelief here! Whether the real Lila is walking around out there is
    >totally
    >irrelevant. This is also a philosophical treatise, thus Lila is
    >representative, a model, a paradigm of a living being made up of varying
    >grades of quality at different levels. The emphasis is a cautionary tale
    >-
    >not to ignore or dismiss those who might be of lesser quality at some
    >levels - concentrate on the important level, the DQ one.

    Hi Phyllis

    Of course I am only having a bit of fun on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
    Whether Lila is alive or not is totally irrelevant, I agree. Speaking of
    being facetious, do you think a dead cat is configured by DNA? I've just
    read Struan Hellier's review of Lila's Child:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1403356203/qid=1049224153/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/104-4929546-7109543?v=glance&s=books

    Now, I have cats myself, but all mine are alive. It's true that in the past
    I've had some cats that have died for various reasons but I buried them. I
    don't really know if they are still being configured by DNA or not, but I
    don't think they are (I'm not digging them up to find out). Maybe a
    biologist like Jonathan could answer that one. :)

    Dan

    Dan