Re: MD quality-man made or natural?

From: Pi (pi@mideel.ath.cx)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 03:33:50 BST

    On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, [iso-8859-1] nic nott wrote:

    > Apples fell before Newton and blind people walk into trees . The point
    > is that something universal is there , how we percieve it is how we
    > place it in our own personal universe . What I see as red you might see
    > as what I would call blue , but we all call it red and it is the same
    > wavelength of electromagnetic radiation .
    >
    > I think there is a difference between the lighting bolt and the human
    > choice . Humans are free to make bad choices and also " better than good
    > "choose choices . A fat person on a diet may consistntly choose a
    > chocolate eclair and so never make any progress whereas the lighting
    > bolt will always choose the raindrop with greatest potential difference
    > . But the lightning bolt cannot plan its path and so zig-zags around the
    > sky before grounding , the human could calculate the most efficient path
    > . This is why the universe invented conciousness/intelligence .

    Hi Nic,

    You bring good points, but they are rooted in the SOM way of thinking. I
    would suggest you read the "free will" thread. There are some very
    insightful comments there. I like the one from Steve Patterson the most.

    In the meantime, let me say a few things about choice. I still stand
    behind what I said about the lightining bolt and human choice. They are
    not very different. Here is why I said that. You are right that a bolt
    cannot plan its path from the sky to the ground. Humans on the other hand
    can. But you have to realize that each "chooses" the path of the highest
    quality. In fact, Quality chooses the path for each of them. It seems
    wrong to compare them as equals because one is an inorganic pattern of
    static quality and the other is an intellectual pattern. They are worlds
    apart, but still, they are each static patterns.

    Take care,

    - Pi