RE: MD Fun in Manhattan?

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 18:38:31 BST

    Glad you like it Erin.
    Funny you should ask, just the other day I ....

    .... was wondering if there was any good biographical material other than
    all the clues we get in ZAMM and Lila. I notice the Guide to ZAMM is good on
    details of the journey and analysis of the book itself, but adds very little
    biographical detail. Surely someone has done the public record research
    before, even if Bob himself declines interviews. He's too important not to
    get this kind of attention surely ?

    (I was taken that Bob himself believed he needed to research William James
    biography before linking his work to his own, and I was taking a similar
    approach. I'm convinced by Pirsig, I just believe I need a clearer
    understanding of the man - who is after all the measure of all things.)

    My timeline already has 3 or 4 obvious errors, and I have dozens of updates
    to add from my latest re-read of Lila. I'm actually planning on simplifying
    the rather naff graphical elements of the timeline when I do the update, so
    I'm interested in feedback.

    Ian.