Re: MD Conflict and Discretion

From: johnny moral (johnnymoral@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 07:11:01 BST

    >Hi Wim and all,
    >
    > > Rick wrote 25 Jun 2003 09:58:41 -0400:
    > > 'I can't help but note that in the MoQ, the patterns of different levels
    >are
    > > supposed to be in conflict to a certain
    > > extent.'
    >
    >WIM
    > > I always find it confused that in 'Lila' different levels are BOTH
    >presented
    > > as discrete AND as conflicting.
    >
    >RICK
    >Yes, I've also had some trouble coming to terms with these two
    >characteristics.

    Hi Rick and Wim. It seems like conflict requires two distinct things to
    conflict, but the two things must be on the same plane, in the same
    dimension, or they'd pass through each other undetected. So within the
    levels, you have conflicts of like-level patterns, and there are also
    conflicts of levels as a whole against each other. But you don't have a
    conflict of a level against a pattern, or a biological pattern against a
    social pattern. All those conflicts that we think are between the social
    level and the biological level are actually entirely social, political
    conflicts. They both are part of the larger pattern of the MoQ level
    conflicting with the other levels. The biology is just chugging along, not
    caring if it's humans or cockroaches at the moment, republicans or
    democrats, civilization or anarchy prevails above it. Like pigeons.
    Pigeons humans and cockroaches fight it out with each other on the
    biological level. The social level favors humans over cockroaches because
    we are talking about the human social level. If we wre cockroaches, we'd
    favor cockroaches, probably.

    johnny