Re: MD The Intellectual Level

From: SQUONKSTAIL@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 11:11:42 BST

    I think it one of the arguments against the 'standard' account that there is
    no consensus, even an
    approximate one, about the fourth level of the MoQ, after so much discussion.
    However, I wanted to
    throw a question at you relating your SOLAQI hypothesis and my eudaimonic
    one.

    Sam,
    The tiny shrub reason grew from is limited to Greek influenced culture. The
    MoQ garden contains the tiny Greek shrub.
    Skutvik has never recognised this. Sadly, you have never recognised this
    either. I do not feel you can recognise it because it is a cultural blind spot for
    you.

    Do you not find that an exciting challenge? To free yourself from a limited
    cultural inheritance? The way to that is to stop asserting rigid boundaries -
    the intellectual level of the MoQ curves and seams effortlessly with other
    levels like the folding hills Phaedrus cycles through - the same Quality created
    both - Quality does not, and never has, even at the intellectual level created
    anything less than art.
    You say there is no consensus about the intellectual level? Yes, you are
    correct. I agree with you. But you are in a tiny patch called the MoQ.org. Do you
    seriously suggest the universe ends at the boundary of the forum? There is no
    consensus in the forum, because Skutvik is the dominating weed. His influence
    has done more to damage Mr. Pirsig's ideas than a host of hacks.
    I suggest to you, that if Mr. Pirsig, or Anthony McWatt, or Paul, or half a
    dozen others had dominated the forum, then you would find a consensus about the
    intellectual level. Why not write to Mr. Pirsig and ask him what he thinks of
    your ideas? You may get a surprise?

    squonk

    MD Queries -