Re: MD Racism in the forum.

From: SQUONKSTAIL@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 20:56:59 BST

    [Scott prev:] You have a peculiar view of what constitutes the aesthetic,
    which it is
    your right to have. But to use your view to interpret my position as
    implying that we don't think the East has intellect is bad logic. It is
    refutable by the simple observation that I DO think the East has
    intellect.

    squonk: It may be said with equal force that Skutvik has a peculiar view of
    what constitutes the intellect.

    sq: Look Scott, why don't you just speak for yourself? It would be easier if
    you just stated what you believe without reference to Skutvik. I suggest this
    because if you openly ask any one from the forum to state quite unequivocally
    that they agree 100% with Skutvik's doctrine, i can almost guarantee that no
    one will do so. I know because i asked that question about a year ago and no
    one answered, which may be why Skutvik decided to leave at that time?
    I don't know - i can only assure you that the archive shows this to be so: No
    one agreed with the Skutvik doctrine enough to offer support.
    But people may agree with you?
    If there are differences between you and Skutvik, what are they please?

    Perhaps it will be good to state my view first, which is simple enough:

    In my view, intellect is very much older than recorded history. In my view,
    intellect and intelligence are the same thing. In my view, the intellectual
    level of the MoQ existed and evolved simultaneously with the social level for a
    period of time very much older than recorded history. In my view, All levels
    are continuing to evolve simultaneously, and interacting simultaneously.

    I feel the intellect is primarily an aesthetic sense of Quality.
    I feel the creations of the intellect can be taken to be the mythos.
    I feel our mythos is dominated by artistic creations of the intellect which
    happen to be thought of in terms of subjects and objects.
    The metaphysics of Quality is older than ancient Greek culture, but has been
    modified to include evolution.

    I hope that has intellectual integrity enough for you?

    All the best,
    squonk