RE: MD The Intellectual Level

From: skutvik@online.no
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 07:16:36 BST

    Hi Jonathan
    On 21 July you uttered these words

    > First let me deal with Rick and Bo discussing how the intellectual of
    > the Intellectual level is not the same as the intellect of pre/post
    > intellectual awareness. I am very unhappy about this - I think it
    > muddies the whole concept. It shoves intellect into two completely
    > different parts of the MoQ hierarchy, thus greatly diminishing its
    > meaning. This is very similar to Pirsig's objection (in ZAMM) of how
    > classical (SO) philosophy destroys the Quality concept.

    I see that Rick is a bit exasperated over the strange "shoving of
    intellect" you ascribe to him. I see him not only shoving but pushing
    intellects ;-)

    For myself I do neither, rather take Q-intellect down from its mind-
    position to the static level position it is supposed to fill. You most aptly
    point to ZAMM where P.saw the "classical" (also called "intellectual
    reality") as a danger to the Quality concept. Wonder why the
    annotating P. does exactly that by defining intellect as "thinking" and
    that the MOQ is an intellectual pattern - a thought?

    Sincerely
    Bo