RE: MD The Intellectual Level

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 00:48:57 BST

    David,
    I don't do long posts :-)

    I think I'm using bootstrapping the same way Pirsig does.
    (In Chap11 p125 of my 25th Anniv Edition Vintage Paperback of ZMM.)

    In a model which is self-consistent but circular, fixing one variable
    provides a valid population for the rest, but of course it is one of many
    possible valid populations unless your fixed variable is fixed in some
    absolute sense independant of the model.

    Ian