RE: MD A metaphysics - Bootstrapping

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 22:01:48 BST

    Platt,

    I don't see why that invalidates my suggestion that Pirsig is a pragmatist.
    James and Phaedrus were both (and most of us would be I guess) equally
    horrified at anything that might justify Nazism.
    James and Dewey et al didn't have Pirigs MoQ framework with which to
    evaluate the quality of value judgements.

    Pirsig is a pragmatist who's invented a useful tool.

    Ian.