Re: MD Islands in the continuum.

From: abahn@comcast.net
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 03:08:34 BST

    Platt and Squonk,

    Before we get all gusshy over all of our appreciations of beauty...

    Platt asked:
    "If we all would witness our experiences as being within a continuum of
    beauty, how much richer might our lives might be?

    and Squonk rejoices:
    "However, now and again, i see a vision of what the world might be like if our
    children learned to value beauty from an early age? It is a shining vision -
    illuminating in its freedom. Freedom?
    Yes! Freedom!"

    Andy: Why do you both think valuing beauty is something that can be taught?
    Platt, doesnt't this contradict your vision of quality? Why is the MOQ
    necessary for it? I thought beauty just is. What would it matter if everyone
    had the same appreciation for it? And Squonk--please tell me how you managed to
    link beauty to freedom. In what sense are you using freedom?

    just curious,
    Andy