MD Re: One more for the road

From: Joe (jhmau@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 19:53:16 BST

    On 3 Sept 2003 4:50 PM Scott R writes:

    Scott:
    Nothing. Mu. Consciousness is self-contradictory, so the only logic for
    talking about consciousness is the logic of contradictory identity. So the
    more sensible thing is to assume consciousness as a given, and not something
    that could have evolved out of non-conscious processes. This is, of course,
    the same move that Pirsig made with Quality.

    Hi Scott, Andy and all,

    joe: "consciousness is self contradictory" I tried to speak to that
    statement earlier, but I was too obscure. Conflating the logic of
    contradictory identity with Pirsig's move to Quality leaves me with the
    logic of defined/undefined.

    The planet emanates a gravity field. I use the undefined emanation,
    gravity, give it a structure and call it 'The law of gravity.'
    Consciousness has also been given a structure called 'The law of the mind'.
    I sense that I learned that 'the law of the mind' comes from a different
    universe operating within our universe. From this other universe comes
    Revelation and Faith. That is one explanation of 'the law of mind'.

    I want to try to relate 'consciousness' to this universe. I call a new law
    of mind 'awareness'. I follw Squonk in describing some of the terms of this
    law "experience as a tension between DQ and SQ" giving to the individual
    "temperament appears to be that of a creative." I call 'awareness' a law of
    three.

    The planet emanates into the inorganic order a 'purpose' forming the organic
    order. The planet emanates through the inorganic and organic orders
    'existence' and the social order is formed. The planet emanates through the
    inorganic, organic and social orders 'value' and the intellectual order is
    formed. 'Purpose', 'existence', and 'value' emanate through DNA to form my
    awareness of DQ and SQ. I have three brains and a master-computer brain to
    organize them all. The law of three of 'awareness'! Consciousness is in my
    universe. Some of the self-contradiction is focused on evolution through
    emanation, and on 'purpose', 'existence' and 'value' (quality).

    Joe