RE: MD Dealing with S/O pt 1

From: Paul Turner (paulj.turner@ntlworld.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 19:50:08 BST

    Hi Squonk, Bo

    Squonk said:
    I have followed your posts with Paul, and i would be pleased if you
    could remind us all of just exactly where Paul, 'mixes the pre-MOQ
    Pirsig with the post MOQ one.' As far as i can ascertain, you self
    referentially impose your own interpretation onto Paul without reference
    to the work of Robert Pirsig

    Paul:
    I make no apologies for using Pirsig quotes from any of his
    publications. Bo's assertion presupposes that there is a "pre-MOQ" and
    "post-MOQ" Pirsig to mix. I don't think there is anything in Pirsig's
    writing to suggest that his central ideas have changed enough to make a
    significant distinction. I see Lila as a maturity of the groundwork laid
    out in ZMM and I'm still waiting for a good reason not to think this.

    Paul