Re: MD Illusions--Richard Bach's creatures

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 13:57:43 BST

    Hi Andy,

    Your "swimming in the stream" metaphor and explanation says nothing
    about morals. So to claim it's a metaphor for the MOQ is a stretch to
    say the least. The MOQ is all about morals. Your conclusion seemed to
    be that it's better not to cling to one set of beliefs, a conclusion I
    presume we shouldn't cling to either. But I didn't see any rationale
    to support that conclusion.

    The MOQ states as an axiom that some things are better than others,
    then proceeds to answer what, where, when, how and why that axiom
    creates the world. A good metaphor of the MOQ would do the same, or at
    the least suggest that the MOQ is about morality, not about "letting go
    of society."

    Anyway, I liked Richard Bach's "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" metaphor
    better. I'd rather fly with the angels than bump along the bottom of a
    stream. :-)

    Platt