Re: MD Darwinisn in dispute ?

From: Fish O. A. Stick (fishonastick@cox.net)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 06:21:42 BST

    "It took the work of many to establish speciation mechanisms, genetics etc,
    but the core fact is clear. No?"

    I suppose some of my own upbringing and subsequent research and education
    come into play when talking "evolution" so forgive me if I don't make much
    sense...I'm good at that.

    My problem with evolution is the fact that it is handed to us on a silver
    platter, complete with "evidence" supporting it, but forgetting to include
    that it is merely a theory. IF evolution was "clear," there would not be so
    much interest in the debates surrounding it. I don't just mean the mystical
    interpretations and arguments. e.g. Creationism.

    If evolution was SIMPLY the "survival of the fittest/survival of the highest
    quality," I would agree. But to think that millions/billions of years ago
    some goo got zapped by lightning and created that which would bring about
    philosophy, science, and the MOQ takes a bit more imagination than we are
    asked for. Actually, we aren't asked anything at all, except for total
    adherance by those that believe their credentials make their words worth
    more than the questions we ask or the thoughts in our heads.

    There are intellectuals at the same knowledge/experience/education level as
    those that purport evolution that disagree with it...based solely on
    scientific reasoning/experimentation/evidence...therefore, in the halls of
    scientific/intellectual thought, the core facts are NOT clear...thus, my
    problem with thinking that it is.

    Spencer Bailey