RE: MD Where things end.

From: Paul Turner (paulj.turner@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 09:33:35 BST

    Bo, Sam

    [Bo:]
    Anyway, the connection was your defending (I believe) my view that
    there is a flaw in saying that all "theories of everything" are
    expressing
    various aspects of The One. This again referred to Paul's assertion
    that whatever metaphysics forwarded after Pirsig would be QUALITY
    based ...which is the infamous map/terrain in another guise.

    [Paul:]
    For the record, that isn't what I said at all. My point is that when two
    cultures reduce reality to an ineffable whole, there can be no
    difference between what that refers to. Quality is one term used to
    refer to an ineffable whole, Tao is another, nirvana is another. Sam
    disagreed.

    Paul