Re: MD Dealing with S/O

From: skutvik@online.no
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 08:39:32 BST

    Mark, Andy, Dan and All.

    On 27 Sep 2003 at 0:58, Valuemetaphysics@aol.com wrote:

    > ...he says going on to deliver what i find to be a rather patronising
    > sheet of guff. The point is, Andy, Bo's malarkey over the years has
    > had a negative effect. It is a negative effect i have seen in action.
    > The negative influence of Bo's approach has been to socially approve
    > his own ideas without the sanction of a social group. His statements
    > project a sense of authority which has been conferred upon him by no
    > one but himself.

    > Andy, drop the happy clappy bit ok? I am not in the mood to hear it
    > after reading some of the stuff Bo has posted on this forum. While i
    > defend Bo's right to open and clear expression of his intellectual
    > values, it must be understood that he is not the author of the proper
    > MoQ, and has no social approval of his views.

    There will always be a "squonk" at this forum it seems - whatever the
    name - who finds a mantra and repeats it unto exhaustion. If my
    great sin is "projecting a sense of authority" Mark's sin must be that of
    being overly susceptible to such projections. That is a good thing as
    no "society" could form without that quality, but around this place
    there are mostly intellectual chiefs and very few social indians and
    among those one has to speak with a certain force to be heard.

    If I have said that "I am the author of the proper MOQ" or worse

    > But i find Bo's statements that he is the proper author of the MoQ (a statement you do not find outrageous or
    > in any sense damaging) to be outrageous. The damage instigate

    "the proper author of the MOQ"! .....I recant. That there is a general
    unease about the present (LC) definition of the intellectual level is no
    secret, nor is it a secret that I have suggested a different formulation
    (from the "solution" message Mark will find that I claim it to be Pirsigs
    original idea).

    Hope it's not a kiss of death, but thanks Andy for your wise and kind
    words. Dan I know from way back and his integrity is beyond
    comment.

    Sincerely
    Bo