Re: MD The final solution or new frustration.

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 20:14:44 BST

    Scott/Platt

    I think Scott's discomfort about MOQ can
    perhaps be overcome if we start to see
    Quality as a more inclusive concept, so inclusive in fact
    that it becomes a non-concept as it has no other.
    When we start to talk about SQ and DQ as capable
    of explaining the whole cosmos we are handling two
    very loaded concepts. What is DQ? I take it as being
    related to the unstoppable flow of reality through
    our experience. I take it as embodied in the fullness
    of possibilty that is spread out ahead of the present
    finite reality. What is SQ? It allows the cosmos
    to be finite and actual, it is not a cosmos of unique
    dissipating energy, transforming and transforming like
    a firework. The cosmos leaves traces that fill up the present.
    Patterns repeat. This is the very oddest of odds. DQ implies
    freedom, it seems to imply creativity. SQ implies limitation,
    it is a sacrifice of DQ, where SQ is DQ has withdrawn.
    Sq says, something new -No, the same again. Why is this
    happening. DQ is not limited. DQ can make the move
    A or B or C or D. Does DQ choose? How does DQ choose?
    Can DQ see the future? Does DQ consider the consequences
    of its choices? Does it value A more or B or C or D?
    What is without limit surely has choice? Or is it a cosmos of chaos?
    The anthropic principle questions this. I think few of us would
    consider design. But what of intelligence? What is intelligence?
    Intelligence implies choice/timing/intervention. It also implies
    knoweldge of SQ, it also implies that for DQ the future is perceived.
    Perceiving the future means being able to look into the future, to be
    able to say that there are many possible futures, that there is future
    A or B or C or D, etc. Choice actualises one future and abandons
    or sacrifices all the other possible futures. Choice moves through
    all possible futures and this movement is what we call actual reality.

    I suggest that Quality is SQ and DQ it is also intelligent and it also
    demonstrates agency and this implies activity and values.
    The sacrifice by Quality of DQ to SQ is what creates time and
    finite existence. It is the sacrifice of DQ to SQ that causes the
    forgetting of DQ, the hiding of DQ. We start to see everything
    more and more in terms of SQ, hence we march our way to SOM.
    We get hold of SQ, we become masters of SQ, we manipulate
    and technologies SQ. We even think we can explain DQ in terms of
    SQ. But originally, SQ and DQ are One. Subject and object are One.
    As for human being, how clearly we take a ride with DQ, how clearly
    we are da-sein, being-the-there, at this moment in time, in
    this situation of static patterns, and how clearly we are pressing
    on, pulled by the future, embodied by our projects, pulling the future
    towards
    us, one future pulled towards us, all the other possible futures sacrificed.
    And where we are now, the present situation caused by all the possible
    futures that have beedn sacrificed. Situation=limitation=the sacrifice of
    in the past of the possible to create the finite/definite yet open present.
    We are born in a present, in a situation now of our own chosing, but
    DQ has already chosen for us. But DQ does not abandon us, she
    picks us up at birth, she is full of possibilities for us. Perhaps
    when we ask about all the SQ that already occupies our world
    she whispers in our ear. As for intelligence, most of the cosmos
    was achieved without human intelligence, perhaps the human component
    of intelligence is not so large, what we like to call our intelligence is
    not so uniquely ours, or perhaps we should associate what we are
    less with the static patterns of our physical being? To be what we are,
    is just to surf a certain flow of being around a moving point, in time
    and space, a process of interplay between SQ and DQ, a certain
    collapse of the wave function (i.e. many possibles becoming an
    actual event) to produce the event of a human life within the event of
    the cosmos.

    regards
    David Morey