Re: MD Intellectual level - New letter from Pirsig

From: skutvik@online.no
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 19:13:01 BST

    On 29 Sep 2003 at 16:52, Paul Turner wrote:

    > I wrote to Robert Pirsig to ask for a clarification on the MOQ
    > definition of the intellectual level; when he speculates it might have
    > begun; and the exclusion of oriental intellect and the MOQ from the
    > intellectual level if it is limited to an extension of Greek
    > philosophy.

    > I received a reply on 27th September which I include in full below.
    > Interestingly, Pirsig mentions the infamous "intellectually nowhere"
    > line in Lila. I didn't ask about it in particular but his comments
    > might resolve the confusion on what that statement means (I have DMB
    > and Steve's discussion in mind here).

    Congratulations Paul. This was really something. Pirsig's letter
    requires much study though so this only to thank you for your
    initiative. See you.

    Sincerely
    Bo

    PS.
    I must admit that my knowledge of Jaynes' book is secondhand
    (through Colin Wilson) My interest now is centered on the voices-as-
    thought part because of its bearing on the MOQ, but please read it,
    by all means.