Re: MD Begging the Question, Moral Intuitions, and Answering the Nazi, Part III

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 18:45:04 BST

    Hi Matt

    Don't remember saying anything about anyone agreeing with the Nazi, but
    never mind, apologies if my keys slipppeeeed, sure you seem to open
    your position when pushed, part of dealing with Nazi ideology would be
    to understand it, get it all in context, German reparations and WWI trauma
    and all
    that. But then we seem to have walked away from notions of you can't argue
    about
    vocabularies only swap them. The point is that you have experience to refer
    to, sure its complex
    because vocabularies can enrich/reduce your experience, but you gotta decide
    if the vocabularies
    make sense of your existence/experiences. Just look at SOM language, Pirsig
    gives lots of
    good reasons why it does not make sense of as much of our experience as we
    sometimes try to
    pretend it does. Also DQ is unmediated, that's how Pirsig defines it,
    entirely negatively, it is
    therefore the horizon of our understanding. What does mediated mean if
    nothing is unmediated?

    regards
    David M