Re: MD Begging the Question, Moral Intuitions, and Answering the Nazi, Part III

From: MATTHEW PAUL KUNDERT (mpkundert@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 02:43:36 BST

    Rich,

    How about this:

    A background of assumptions are the only way in which we can think.

    No? Not a stance towards assumptions? Doesn't count? For some odd, inexplicable reason? Hunh. Oh well, I guess I'm not a true philosopher. Don't matter much for old pragmatist hacks like Rorty, though, to not be a true philosopher, because you've defined a "true philosopher" as being a Kantian, and us pragmatists don't have much desire to be Kantians. Its like saying that Americans aren't true Nazis. Oh well. Guess we aren't the good guys in your narrative of philosophy. Surprise, surprise.

    Matt