RE: MD Truth

From: Paul Turner (paulj.turner@ntlworld.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 17:58:28 BST

    Hi Mark

    Mark:
    Thank you. I think there may be a connection between Ratio and rta. I
    must look into that.

    Paul:
    You are well placed to look into it, given your study of Indian
    philosophy. Going well?

    Mark:
    From what you say here, it appears that any rational enquiry is in fact
    a pattern of discovery in response to DQ.

    Paul:
    I think it is not so much that ANY rational enquiry is a response to
    Dynamic Quality, but more that Dynamic Quality is not necessarily
    excluded from the creative process of rational enquiry.

    Mark:
    Does this indicate that the term 'inventor' is misleading? Surely an
    inventor is one who lets go of static patterning and opens up to Dynamic
    intervention.

    Paul:
    That sounds right.

    Mark:
    Thus, a fine line must be walked between filling your experience full of
    static patterns and allowing yourself to float between them.

    Paul:
    Indeed, in all aspects of life - the "middle way" of Buddha seems to fit
    with that approach.

    Mark:
    I watched an interview with Michael Caine the other night who told a
    story of advice he heard given in a lecture to a business school. The
    lecturer responded to a questioner seeking advice for business students
    by telling him to drop out!

    Paul:
    There is something in that advice; if you stick rigidly to old patterns
    and techniques you will find yourself left behind. In fact, the business
    world is full of static-Dynamic tension if you look closely at it. In my
    experience the trouble is that businesses often don't have the concepts
    to deal with it and make the best of it.

    [I bet the lecturer you mention would be upset if all of his students
    followed that advice!]

    cheers

    Paul