RE: MD Re: NEW PIRSIG WEBSITE

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 12:27:08 GMT

    Anthony,

    I've now read most of your book on-line.

    As a self-proclaimed "textbook", unlike ZMM or Lila, it may not win any
    literary prizes :-) but it is an incredibly satisfying read for someone such
    as myself looking to find Pirsig's themes laid bare to contrast, compare and
    even support ones own lines of thought.

    Your reference list is very close to my own Kosko, Hemmingway, Moore (G.E
    and Michael !), Northrop (naturally) to name a few; Crosby / Peters (Done
    the MBA, got the tee-shirt - There's a lot written in reaction to objective
    Qualispeak in healthcare and education - and the railways soon too I guess
    in the UK); Misleading Modularity too - a particular day job theme of mine
    in information modelling.

    I think you hit Pirsig's main theme on the head - Dynamic Quality, and link
    this to his own interest in Anthropology. Also the etymology upfront in
    "Rta" something Pirsig get's really close to at the end of Lila. You've
    maybe heard me say before "It's all evolutionary psychology after all".

    I like it. Excellent.
    Any success with a publisher ? Can one buy a hard-copy ?

    Ian Glendinning