Re: MD MOQ Discuss Rules

From: Horse (horse@darkstar.uk.net)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 01:43:37 GMT

    Hi All

    Platt's quite correct to point out that the number of posts per person per day rule (3) is being
    ignored by some. It should also be pointed out that rules 4 and 6 are ignored on a regular
    basis.
    These are:
    4) Members should reproduce only the relevant parts of any previous message to which they
    are responding.

    6) Where possible, posts should be restricted to plain text - no HTML, Rich Text (RTF) or other
    formats should be used.

    For the most part this isn't a problem but when all 3 are ignored simultaneously problems do
    occur. The most common of these problems is that posts exceed the 16K limit imposed on all
    posts. These posts are forwarded to me and I have to pass them through to the list. I put most
    through but some get lost in the spam.

    Unless I decided to moderate all posts which would be a real pain in the arse, I can't really
    enforce any of these rules as such. But I would request that members make a bit more effort to
    produce higher quality and lower quantity when posting to the list. It doesn't take much effort, it
    make the posts easier to read and seriously reduces the amount of bandwidth all 'round.

    As I said, short of putting in major restrictions, I can't reasonably enforce many of the rules and
    shouldn't need to.

    Horse