Re: MD life is an emergent property

From: Nathan Pila (pila@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 22:23:44 GMT

    Scott,

    I am unclear. Do you not agree that the human brain gives meaning to
    information?

    You look at the screen and see a white background with black markings. This
    is information or data, is it not? The fact that you can interpret these
    symbols means that you have a functioning brain. It is your brain that
    allows you make sense out of the input from the world, no?

    Where did you study cognitive science? This is a field that I am fascinated
    by. Do you know that work of Ramachadran? And what do you think of Steven
    Pinker?

    Fondly to you, Nathan