MD Dead is dead ?

From: Nathan Pila (pila@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 12:22:22 GMT

    Richard,

    When I was younger I read Superman comics. Your idea of a 'larger pattern'
    sounds familiar. It reminds me of the Phantom Zone of the Superman comics,
    where disembodied souls float around in another dimension.

    It could be that there is such a Zone and Chris after he was murdered and
    cremated entered such a place and in time will return to Earth as another
    being.

    But to me, it sounds like wishful thinking. I am reminded that Bertrand
    Russell once said that religion's primary motivation is to shelter the
    psyche from the fear of death. If there were such a zone and patterns do
    exist on a higher level as you speculate, then this might mean that death is
    an illusion and that our essence does not die.

    I can see why such a concept would be attractive.

    Who knows whether 'larger patterns' are anything but thoughts in our heads.

    What is your attitude to parapsychology? Do you think that ESP is a fact?
    And what is your view of ghosts and magic?

    Fondly to you, Nathan