Re: MD Buddhism and the MOQ (Was Sit on my faith)

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 19:37:55 GMT

    Bo:Mankind from the earliest age looked for explanations
    of origin and destination, and tried to manipulate the force that
    controlled their fate. This is the origin of "religion" and developed
    into complex mythologies.

    DM: This is entirely how I see it from Nietzsche of course. Are we
    now on for a religion that embraces transcience and becoming?

    Bo: One may say that everything has a dynamic moment before
    > manifesting at the respective level, that - for instance - every
    > inorganic pattern has a fleeting moment before it "becomes" a
    > photon, but this springs from a the fallacy of believing that
    > "substance" is something different from inorganic value.

    DM:Please explain. I would agree with "One may say that everything has a
    dynamic moment before
    > manifesting at the respective level, that - for instance - every
    > inorganic pattern has a fleeting moment before it "becomes" a
    > photon", in as far quantum physics has to accept probability fields
    and give up mechanics it is having to deal with DQ I would suggest. Unless
    we
    are limiting DQ to the provision of new SQ. I do not in my assumptions.
    DQ is associated with freedom in my mind. The inorganic levels of
    photons/particles/atoms/molecules contain different levels of freedom moving
    from more freedom to less freedom (in the form of mass and combinability).
    Hence I see the inorganic levels as moving from almost pure DQ/freedom to
    more SQ/constriction and less DQ/freedom. As for
    substance/physicalism/matter
    these to me are myths.

    Bo:The value of the subject/object distinction is an enormous one that
    > raised mankind from the mythological era (social level) and a
    > prerequisite for science.

    DM: I agree with this in so far as we then go on to say that the MOQ (a new
    awareness
    of DQ/Being/Be(com)ing/ i.e everything that has been ignored and reduced in
    the concept
    of the subject) is then required to deal with the inadequacies of SOM as
    pointed out by Heidegger
    and then later Pirsig. So that the fullness of experience is available to
    us, all quality, not just
    quantity and objective reality, and the distinction of SOM is seen as useful
    but deeply problematic.
    My journey to DQ certainly began with my science studies and my doubts about
    materialism and physicalism.

    regards
    David M