Re: MD Rights

From: Steve Peterson (peterson.steve@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 17:00:01 GMT

    Hi Platt,

    Platt said:
    > All descriptions of reality, including 'undefined Quality' and the
    > 'undifferentiated aesthetic continuum,' are aesthetic creations of the
    > intellect. Those concepts themselves imply a dichotomy because they can
    > only be known by their opposites--immorality and difference. I don't see
    > how you can think without dividing direct experience. We have to divide to
    > survive, and for most people, there's more Quality to being alive than
    > dead.

    Steve:
    I agree. To use Matt's favorite phrase, there is some "question begging"
    that can't be gotten around. To say that all dichotomies are false is to
    create a dichotomy. I got trapped.

    My point is that when you said "distinction between property and human
    rights is a false dichotomy for the simple reason that mind/body,
    subject/object are false splits", you are just saying that it's not a good
    split. You still have to tell me why it's no good.

    Regards,
    Steve