Re: MD Re: Rorty (Big Self & small self)

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 19:04:10 GMT

    Hi Scott

    I do think DQ underlies SQ to the extent that
    I take static quality as being identifiable only if
    something repeats, hence static patterns. Clearly
    not everything repeats. There is only one Newton
    you might say. Or there may be one off particles
    that never repeat, are never identified. Creativity
    has the option of always changing, therefore no repeat.
    It seems to me that, in a sense, DQ withdraws its tendency
    to creativity when it repeats. It does the same again, it
    is no longer creative, therefore no pattern, nothing static.
    In a way such static less creativity is pure nothingness,
    on the edge on this cosmos. A particle pair that appears
    and disappears forever.
    I also think that there is a way back to
    experiencing DQ without thinking. Meditation is a withdrawal
    from thinking. There is a form of experience without division,
    a floating, drifting experience of pure becoming, where
    perhaps you focus on a flower and experience its motionless
    utterly flowing becoming, its pouring forth into your experience.
    Its unity with your experience.

    Any resonance with you Scott?

    regards
    David M