Re: MD Objectivity, Truth and the MOQ

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 16:32:51 GMT

    Bo:The enigmatic matter (if that is your "objective truth"?) does not
    pose any stumbling block. It has been under attack for long now
    - I mentioned Quantum Mech. - but it has not lead to any
    revolution except a lot of NewAge books. Physical science itself
    doesn't give a damn ...after the hubbub after Schrödinger's Cat
    and Alain Aspect's experiment has waned.

    DM: Disagree, Popper was very concerned about it for example,
    and it is key to grasping the reality that this cosmos in not deterministic.
    Knowledge is about having expectations about the world and its patterns,
    who has these expectations is very important, plants, animals and bodies
    also have such knowledge/expectations. Getting away from any entity
    to a view from nowhere is not really an option. But our every day fallible
    knowledge is enough. Let's see some examples of permanent objective
    knowledge that cannot be challenged? I can't think of any. Although every
    day
    we can grasp a richer view of reality, but it is always a view unless you
    are not a
    'part' of the cosmos.