MD Re: Md Awareness as Quality

From: Matt poot (mattpoot@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 06:02:19 GMT

    >Recently I said, "To infer patterns of any kind, one must rise to the
    >intellectual level since inferences are intellectual constructs." Platt
    >agreed, DM disagreed. I think the disagreement concerned an implication
    >that all patterns are intellectual.

    -=*Poot*=- I would say that patterns exist outside of the intellect, but we
    just use the intellectual term of pattern to describe a certain series of
    actions, or occurences.

    Mark: 31-01-04: At the sweet spot of nothingness, that point where tension
    between patterns is very severe - the cutting edge of reality - is the point
    from which new patterns emerge falling away from coherence, becoming static.

    -=*Poot*=- Now, once these patterns become static, doe they stay static
    during the present, or in the past? I think that not all patterns past the
    point of perception and awareness (cutting edge) can stand to be proved as
    absolutely static. By definition of the word static, we mean that it does
    not change.....ever. which would make this 'static' absolute. If it is
    absolute, does that not then partially define it, and restrict it? I think
    that static is too ...rigid...a concept, and applying something so rigid to
    our entire perception is not natural, and does not lead to things
    beneficial. Even once its passed the cutting edge, and passed into
    past/memory, does that neccesarily mean written in stone? Is time just a
    continuos succesion of 'nows' (sweet spots) which once past, are not
    susceptible to change, as being footprints..no ....breadcrumbs we have left
    behind, which we then examine, and place again in front of us as patterns
    and rules to follow. I think that maybe patterns go hand in hand with
    rules/definitions.

    -------------------Perhaps "unpatterned awareness" would make a good
    substitute for
    "pre-intellectual awareness," otherwise it would seem that all patterns are
    intellectual by equating dynamic/static with pre-intellectual/intellectual.
    What do you think?

    -=*Poot*=- I would agree with unpatterned awareness. However , I think
    that there is no need to replace pre-intellectual awareness( which I like to
    refer as "Feeling"). If there was an unpatterned awareness, it could be
    identical or similar to our idea of subconcious.
    I would say that the Heirarchy of total awareness in all steps is as
    follows(as relating it bewtween person, and environment (s/o?????????[SOLAQI
    twist]).

                                    (unpatterned awareness)
    ______________________ |
    | Environment Perception |-------> UA ----->
    P-IA----->CuttingEdge----->Subconcious
                                                            (Pre-intellectual
    awareness)

    What do you think?

    Sincerely,

    Poot

    -Experience is not what has happened to a man, but what a man does with
    what has happened to him.

    Aldous Huxley