Re: MD SQ-SQ tension in Mozart's Symphony No38

From: RycheWorld@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 18:46:13 GMT

    In a message dated 2/17/2004 6:55:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
    pholden@sc.rr.com writes:
    Perhaps the difference between taste and informed judgment is best
    illustrated by comparing the pictures I have hanging on the walls in my
    home compared to what adorns the walls of the Tate Museum in London or the
    Metropolitan Museum in New York. I don't think people would pay to see my
    collection. :-)
    Platt,

        In this statement you are saying that your pictures aren't worth as much
    as anything in the Tate museum. My question is that, since society sends the
    message, a distorted message I believe, that your art is not worth "as much"
    doesn't that almost create a static pattern? Now we wind up "keeping up with the
    Jones's" and are wrapped in one big, huge, enormous static pattern - agreeing
    with everyone else on something that, in essence, cannot be judged to the
    point of accuracy.
        What do you think?

    Dan