Re: MD Time

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 18:02:48 GMT

    Hi

    I think this metaphor has something to say
    about the past, and how it is something actual
    and static that you can try to understand in terms of analysis
    and patterns, but it misses something about the future.
    Whenever DQ is active, when choices have to be made,
    is not the possibility of the future laid out before us,
    is DQ and choice not a matter of enabling one possibility
    and rejecting all others. I think Pirsig fails to fully analyse
    experience in the way Heidegger does to understand the
    3 different states of time that extend it.

    regards
    David M