Re: MD MOQ or Idealism or Pragmatism?

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 19:39:12 GMT

    Hi Matt

    No fight on here, pretty much like this post. I agree
    that we have to hang real loose on these things. You
    say no thanks to metaphysics it is too heavy, I am
    saying I still want to play, but in a new lighter spirit,
    because I still think it has its uses. As far as I am concerned
    SQ/DQ and the levels are concepts playing on a metaphysical
    field, but sure we might bring on a few substitutes at some point.
    Also think that metaphysics is about ground concepts that
    if you do not make them explicit they become hidden and implicit,
    and if you have known you will never be able to build very much
    in the way of concepts, and no concepts no knowledge, and no
    knowledge, is pragmatically bad news.

    Fancy kicking a couple on ontological concepts around for an hour?

    regards
    David Morey