Re: MD When is a society a good society?

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 20:28:23 GMT

    Matt

    Another good post.

    ...we even drop the distinction between making and finding

    this I like too. If we can really mean this, does it not get us beyond
    some of the post-modern falling into anti-realist fantasy? As I said
    before, what we find depends on the question (making) but there
    is still an answer (finding) but never any isolated finding or making.
    I would like to propose a Morey-Matt uncertainty principle that
    you can never isolate making from finding or finding from making.

    As for seriousness, in the end there is something serious and that is
    politics and perhaps also the meaning of our lives. I want my philosophy
    to have something to say about these things but I just have more of
    a hang-things-together urge then you never-mind-its-private kind
    of folk, but I can put up with your shyness in a pluralistic spirit.
    But I do wish we could do a bit less killing and stomach a good
    chunk more equality, and make room for a lot more playful, experimental DQ.
    I am sure there is a road to a better place, taking the right turns is the
    difficult
    thing.

    regards
    David M