Re: MD quality religion

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 20:24:54 GMT

    Dear Jim,

    You suggest 21 Mar 2004 15:31:46 +0000 'to do a Big Brother and vote a
    religion out of the house until we have a winner'.

    Voting out one nominee at a time is also part of the 'Idols' format. (The
    'Idols' TV shows start with 'auditions' and first rounds, until 10 nominees
    are left. Then every week one of them is voted out by the audience. In the
    Netherlands we are now in our second series of TV shows with 7 nominees
    left.)

    I don't think it is necessary to make it that complicated in our limited
    'Religion Idols' version in this discussion list. With so few nominations,
    we can easily afford to leave in also the religions that have lost a vote
    and let them have another chance in a next round of presentations.

    I proposed 12 Mar 2004 08:30:40 +0100 the following format:
    'First phase: enlisting participants
    Second phase: presentations and questionings
    Third phase: voting'

    I propose to simply repeat phases 2 and 3 until participation is seriously
    waning.

    Meanwhile you haven't answered yet my question whether you want to
    participate as voter and/or as nominator...

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim