Re: MD SQ-SQ coherence and the Biosphere.

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 22:13:04 GMT

    Platt Holden wrote:

    >What I'm driving at is that according to the MOQ, only living beings can
    >respond to DQ.

    Hi Platt,

    So according to MoQ there was no response to DQ before biological cells
    existed? (assuming you count cells as "living beings"). I'm fairly sure
    that Pirsig actually says that the biological level evolved to allow a
    more dynamic response to DQ than the physical level. So what we have is
    each static level responding in their own way to DQ just as they have
    since the dawn of time (or rather more accurately since the dawn of that
    particular level), it's just that each static level is a better, more
    dynamic response to DQ than the one from which it has evolved. At least
    that's my reading.

    So evolution continues to exist at all levels, but obviously humans
    dominate it, which might well suppress it, I guess.

    Regards,
    Jim.

    Hi Jim and Platt,
    A sticking point has been identified and we need to clear this up?
    Will get back to you both soon...

    All the best,
    Mark