Re: MD SQ-SQ coherence and the Biosphere.

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 15:29:29 BST

    Hello Joe,
    I do believe there is allot of authoritative textual evidence indicating that
    the Inorganic level is still evolving - all be it within a limited Dynamic
    ability to choose?
    Evidence i have cited may be found earlier in this thread, but the two i find
    most compelling are the graph found in Anthony McWatt's, Pirsig's Metaphysics
    of Quality (and repeated in his excellent text book, Introduction to the MOQ)
    and Pirsig's assertion that preference is not limited to Humans, and is
    therefore on a continuum.

    Using this as a basis for further enquiry, we may introduce concepts of
    coherence:

    Event stream --------> Coherence <-------- DQ as Evolution's goal.

    Coherence may be exceptional SQ-SQ tension; that point where DQ intervenes,
    and in very exceptional circumstances, this tension is mystical.
    As you point out, this opens up speculation into, "Mystical inorganic,
    mystical organic, mystical social, mystical intellectual are different."

    All the best,
    Mark