Re: MD quality religion (Christianity)

From: Sam Norton (elizaphanian@tiscali.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 07:26:24 BST

    Hi Mark,

    > Mark 11-4-04: Hello Sam, you suggest your variant MoQ makes minor changes to
    > the standard MoQ. However, it would appear your changes allow for the
    > following:
    > 1. Heaven.
    > 2. Resurrection to immortal life in Heaven.
    > 3. Virgin birth.
    > 4. Miracles.
    > I do not find these changes minor.

    I don't believe I have ever argued that those elements are necessary parts of the MoQ - have I?

    Mark 11-4-04: The best religion is the one best practised i should have thought? The best practised
    religions are those which practice Universal Love. You would not be able to distinguish one who
    practices Universal Love and does not hold a theistic perspective, and one who does.

    I agree with that.

    I think to go into the rest of your comments would count as 'going round the mulberry bush' again.
    For where I place 'good' though, see the MD Intellectual Art (Dynamic Morality) thread from March
    2003, especially my post of March 31.

    I haven't read 'The Edge of Chaos' - is that an essay by you?

    Sam