RE: MD junk or politics on this list

From: storeyd (storeyd@bc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 20:31:54 BST

    To defer to Wilber, I think the key is to recognize that internal-external and
    individual-collective do not translate categorically; in other words,
    individuals have internals AND externals, as so collectives...however, the
    internal-collective (i.e., the cultural or political or social) has no locus
    of sentient intelligence, it is an intersubjective network of meaning/value
    SHARED WITHIN many individual worldspaces...the point is that the "collective
    will" is really just an effect of an individual mind, a conceptual construct
    assented to by you or me. the exteriors of the collective are the buildings
    we're sitting in, the computers we're typing on, the words with which we're
    communicating, etc., but the interal component of that exists only in our
    shared continuum, the cultural worldspace we co-create and co-enact. just an
    offering,
    -Dave